Because the vegvangelicals (hai that’s totally a word ok? ok) are seriously not getting that:
- their conception of vegetarian differs from others. theirs is a whitestream one packaged and marketed to them by companies; it’s co-opted. And since their concept differs from mine, and they have the class privilege, guess who is ~right~?
- everyone who eats meat != EVIL ANIMAL HATING DEMON GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD. Food identity is complicated. I have to constantly deal with people sneering at me because of the “icky things” people in my adopted home eat… and that happens to be meat. This is a race and imperialism issue as well.
- shock videos are not going to help. They are triggering and torture porn. Yes, we are concerned about the conditions animals live in. We can be concerned about these things and still eat meat. SHOCKING I KNOW!
- if someone shoves that speciesism = racism picture in ~reply~ I will break you in the face.
This has been a post.
- natelyswhore likes this
- locomotives likes this
- cleanerlight reblogged this from thesadnessofpencils
- rhivolution said: I’d say vegangelicals, myself, but that’s just me. Yours works too. Also, yes to all of this.
- superawesomephoenix said: i am a vegetarian, but i think that if you can eat meat knowing that it was an animal, and you try not to eat animals that were treated badly in life, it’s cool and i respect that. =]
- jjoongie likes this
- manifestfreedom likes this
- baskervilles likes this
- creatrixtiara reblogged this from thesadnessofpencils
- rehearsing---interaction likes this
- awyeahmona likes this
- astroprojection likes this
- soliloquize likes this
- salt-water-chardonnay likes this
- cydandthat reblogged this from thesadnessofpencils and added:
- cydandthat likes this
- thesadnessofpencils posted this